Exploring who the Chiefs have selected in the fifth round of the NFL Draft over the years
A system called the “common draft” was implemented for the AFL and NFL in 1967, creating a joint draft between the two leagues and establishing the precursor for what has become t Blue Jays Canada Day Jersey he marquee event of the offseason.
The two leagues merged in 1970, and the rest is history.
Over the next three weeks leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft, we’re going to take Kevin Pillar Canada Day Jersey a look back at who the Kansas City Chiefs have selected in each round since the event’s beginnings 51 years ago.
Here is what we’ve covered so far:
7th Round | 6t Women’s Toronto Blue Jays Kevin Pillar Majestic Scarlet Fashion Canada Day Red Flex Base Authentic Jersey h Round
We’ll continue with the fifth round. Here’s a look at who the Chiefs have drafted in the fifth round since 1967.
– Forty of the Chiefs’ 56 fifth-round picks went on to play for Kansas City, combining to appear in 1,268 contests.
– Former wide receiver Carlos Carson, who was inducted into the Ring of Honor last season, played in the most games (120) in a Chiefs’ uniform of any fifth-round pick in franchise history.
– Kansas City has a knack for drafting elite return men in the fifth round, finding Dante Hall in 2000 and
– In addition to Carson and Hall (97 games), safety Kendrick Lewis, cornerback Brandon Carr (64), offensive guard Derrick Graham (52), defensive tackle Eric Holle (56) and linebacker Bob Stein (50) all played in at least 50 games for Kansas City.
– Two of Kansas City’s last five fifth-round picks have earned a nod to the Pro Bowl: Hill and linebacker D.J. Alexander (both in 2016).
Research for this article was assisted by the folks at ProFootballReference.com