Exploring who the Chiefs have selected in the third round of the NFL Draft over the years
A system called the “common draft” was implemented for the AFL and NFL in 1967, creating a joint draft between the two leagues and establishing the precursor for what has become the marquee event of the offseason.
The two leagues merged in 1970, and the rest is history.
Over the next week leading up to the 2018 NFL Draft, we’re going to take a look back at who the Kansas City Chiefs have selected in each round since the event’s beginnings Women’s Toronto Blue Jays Kevin Pillar Majestic Scarlet Fashion Canada Day Red Flex Base Authentic Jersey 51 years ago.
Here is what we’ve covered so far:
7th Round | 6th Round | 5th Round | 4th Round
We’ll continue with the third round. Here’s a look at who the Chiefs have drafted in the third round since 1967.
– Fifty-one of Kansas City’s 55 third-round picks since 1967 have gone on to suit up for the Chiefs, playing in a combined 3,240 total contests.
– The Chiefs have found a tremendous amount of success in the third round over the years, selecting last year’s leading rusher in tailback
– In Kevin Pillar Jersey all, Kansas City’s third-round picks have tallied 35 Pro Bowl selections. Shields is responsible for 12 of those nominations – the most of any third-round pick in the NFL since 1967.
– Eleven of Kansas City’s third-round p Kevin Pillar Canada Day Jersey icks since 1967 went on to play in at least 100 games for th Kevin Pillar Jersey For Sale e Chiefs: Shields (224), Colquitt (206), wide receiver Henry Marshall (165), Lewis (150), defensive back Lloyd Burruss (145), Spani (124), defensive tackle John Browning (121), defensive back Greg Wesley (118), Charles (103), defensive end Leonard Griffin (103) and defensive back Gary Barbaro (101).
– The Chiefs have drafted more defensive backs (11) in the third round than any other position.
Research for this article was assisted by the folks at ProFootballReference.com